The MedsCheck program is a one-on-one interview between the pharmacist and the patient to review the patient’s prescription and non-prescription medications. The MedsCheck medication review will encourage patients to better understand their medication therapy and help to ensure their medications are taken as prescribed and that patients are getting the most benefit from their medications.
- Patient must be an Ontario resident with a valid Ontario Health Card and currently taking a minimum of 3 prescription medications for a chronic condition.
- Patient must agree to the MedsCheck service; the MedsCheck program is voluntary.
- Patients are eligible for one MedsCheck Annual per year from the date of the original review.
- Patients are eligible for a MedsCheck Follow-Up within the annual time-frame under the following criteria:
- A patient is discharged from the hospital within the previous 2 weeks
- A pharmacist’s documented decision based on:
- Significant changes made to an existing medication profile or the addition of new medication
- Documented evidence of patient non-compliance
- Patient has changed their place of residence and has transferred their prescriptions to a different pharmacy
- A referral from a physician (MD) or a nurse practitioner (NP)
- A planned hospital admission